söndag 22 juli 2012

Clarifications

Bah, derby drama. I'd really like to just ignore it, but shit needs to be vented.

And here are some clarifications:

* I have never said that I would claim any money for coaching the Hellcats. That's ridiculous! The one thing I mentioned in a conversation with Insana on our way from a meeting was that perhaps a head coach wouldn't pay as high a training fee, since she wouldn't get as much skating time. That was it. Private conversation, no claims for cash.

* If I am removed from an event, I consider myself uninvited and thus I don't show up.

* I did not quit Hellcats cause I think they are in any way "bad" or "not as good as me". I quit cause they wanted to move in a pace that is not mine, in a way that is not mine. I never felt quite at home there, and I never felt like I fitted in. I'm a loudmouth feminist with hairy armpits, lots of drive, hunger and lots of motivation! I need to vent and discuss and share workloads and problemsolve. That fits so much better with CCRs group. Another MAJOR reason is that I love Malmö and want to move there. And after a meeting where democracy spoke against me and my wishes, it was settled.

* Also CCR gave Krakel (Niklas) an open-arms welcome into their ref/nso squad. Few people in Hellcats bothered to even say hi to him, little less thank him for the time he put in for us. Every single skater in CCR who've met him has said hi and been so nice to him and thus he has now been bitten by the derby-bug for real. It's not just me dragging him along, but he likes to go, and he's motivated and having fun! And he's all inspired to go be the best reff ever and send my ass to the box if I ever mess up!

* I have waved hi and smiled at people and gotten the cold shoulder back. I don't make an effort to be nice to people who can't be nice back. You don't have to love everyone, but you can at least respect them. If you can't say hi to me irl/spend your time talking shit about me, then we're not friends (pn facebook or any other part of life).

* I offered Hellcats help. I offered to come coach, I offered to help out with any administration they might need help with etc. They didn't want it.


* I have not said a bad word about them to any other league. All I've said is the truth; they all wanted something that I didn't. So the logical solution would be for me to leave, rather than me trying to work in another direction than the other 20 ppl are heading in. Also I figured that me leaving would force them to dare to take on the president and vice presidents caps, jobs that I knew they could handle if they only took them on. I figured that me leaving would only help them grow stronger - and it would make me happier and make me grow stronger.


I had no fucking clue there'd be drama on THIS level. Talking shit left and right, lying and making up stories and putting all sorts of blame on me. It gets really old really fast, and yes, most of it makes it to my ears, no matter how secretive you think you are.


Still I wish them all the best. I really hope they'll grow and get better and some day I'll meet them on the track! And I really hope we'll play fair and have a beer together at the afterparty.


RToo out

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar