måndag 3 september 2012

Post-Bootcamp Depression

Pic taken by my derbysister Tacky Tractor who was NSOing. I'm the yellow helmet on the left of the center circle.

I have had the most AMAZING weekend in Helsinki. I got to meet Team USA and train for them in their weekend long boot camp. I also got to meet and skate with awesome ladies from all over Europe, talk strategy with some of the best and I learned moves and things about my body that it currently overcrowding my head and recycling in my dreams.
It was so much fun and I was still on a high as I came back home last night.

Now however I feel incredibly blue. I have a week off from work, the sun is shining, I have no obligations but still I feel sad and apathetic. Then it hit me; I have post-derby depression.
I miss waking up early in the morning to eat insane amounts of breakfast, get over to a sports hall and get on a track the first thing I do in a day. I miss learning new things and perfecting new skills over and over for a hours on end. I get a high off learning and feeling like I've evolved or accomplished something. And wherever I went there were derby people. All the girls, the pro's, the gear-nerds, the coaches, the strategy-geeks, the reffs, the NSOs, the fans.

Why is there no derby academy? Like a school where we all could live in dorms and skate all day and party  together all night.

I wish my life was a derby boot camp.



Ohoh btw, Suzy Hotrod gave me compliments!!! She loved my tattoos and she said I had good hip motions!  <3 <3 <3 *swoon*

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar