måndag 23 april 2012

New Skates

Finally got my AR1's last Thursday and I was happier than a kid on christmas eve! I swear I bounced home from the post office, haha.
Got a bit dissapointed thou, I had ordered the white ones, but I got a pair of black. But with all my problems with shin splints and inflamed ankle-joint I simply could not afford to wait for another few weeks to send them back. So I decided to get over the vanity and just be happy about a pair of boots that actually fit me well and supported my ankles.
My first few minutes on them was a mix of laughter and panic. New boots, plates and bushings all at once, for five minutes there I was bambi on the ice! ^__^
But once I adjusted to the new way i
Had to skate I absplutely loved all of it! The revenge plates are such a bliss and I liked the hop-up bushings aswell! It was fitting that we did weaving, hopping and juking that day so I really got to feel the monumental difference from my old r3's.

I still have to figure out my sprinting all over again, since I used to get very low and bend at the ankles a lot in the turns and now I can't, since the boots are highet (which is a good thing, I've had no pain in my ankles all weekend).

Still, a new setup means learning to skate all over again. It's like a brand new relationship and it needs some time and tlc to grow in to something comfortable and secure.

This is where me and my AR1's lovestory begins! <3


4 kommentarer:

  1. Den här kommentaren har tagits bort av skribenten.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Bilden är tagen på insidan av skon, det är AR1's i veganskt "läder", loggan är på utsidan av skon

      Radera
  2. Haha ja jag insåg det, därför jag tog bort min kommentar ;)

    SvaraRadera
  3. http://swedehurtgoesfit.blogspot.se/2012/05/tag-you-got-me-now-ill-get-you.html

    consider yourself tagged

    SvaraRadera